The Arkansas Track Coaches Association selects an "All Arkansas Academic Team" and selects 5 boys and 5 girls to attend the annual "Track & Field Hall of Fame" banquet each year. It is up to the coach to nominate the athlete for them to be considered. See the information at the bottom of this page on how to nominate your athletes.
Have nominations in by the Friay after the Decathlon/Heptathlon.
1) A high G.P.A.(At least 3.5). Has at least a 25 on the ACT test. Has to compete in the state track meet.
2) Could be one of your best athletes but does not have to be.
3) We are not looking for the athlete who is part of a lot of clubs or organizations etc. as part of this selection. Just those that have balanced their academic & athletic life with high successes in both.
4) Qualified for the state track meet.
5) Must be able to attend the Arkansas Track Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Banquet to receive one of the 5 awards.