Since 2004 the Nike Cross Nationals has brought the fastest high school cross country teams and athletes in the country to Portland, Oregon to compete for the ultimate prize – a national championship. In its 11th year, the Nike Cross Nationals will be contested for the first time ever at Glendoveer Golf Course.
MileSplit got the juice coast to coast this past weekend, which included some stellar performances as some of the nation's best went head to head.
In the latest Run Junkie HS, Jimmy breaks down the top highlights from the first weekend of XC action in October!
Oklahoma state champ Ben Barrett of Norman North bettered his 15:05 season best 5K race from a runner-up finish at the Missouri Stampede defeating a US top 25 ranked runner in Stephen Mugeche (3rd, 15:06) of Blue Springs in Missouri at the Chile Pepper Festival in Arkansas with a 15:02 win.
"Upset City Baby!" as Dick Vitale would say...the US #1 ranked girls team as well as the defending NXN girls champions both go down in the same weekend. This week's Run Junkie HS highlights the best of the September 27th meets.
Check out the top sophomore boys XC performers nationally from the first month of cross country below split into a first, second, and third team of Future Stars.
Virtual meet preview for the boys gold division race at the 2014 Rim Rock Classic on Saturday in Lawrence, Kansas. MileSplit will be on-site with photo coverage.
Each month, MileSplit will be selecting 21 sophomore girls as part of the Future Stars of XC Team presented by Hoka One One building into the end of season team to be finalized in early December. Check out the top sophomore girls XC performers nationally from the first month of cross country below split into a first, second, and third team of Future Stars.
Alana Hadley ran her first 5k at age six and broke 21:00 in the 5k at age nine. In 7th grade, she ran a 17 minute 5k in her first track meet. She began toying with longer races and found even more success in the half and full marathons. Now a professional marathoner, she will compete in the Marathon Olympic Marathon Trials.
Each month, MileSplit will be selecting the top 21 freshmen boys in the nation as part of the Future Stars of XC Team presented by Hoka One One building into the end of the year team to be finalized in early December.
Familiar with Flotrack's RunJunkie? Well, it has come to MileSplit, this is the first episode of RunJunkieHS! Jimmy recaps the past weekend's XC action and previews what is to come.
- Opportunities to Compete Collegiately
- Point University (Georgia) Distance Scholarships Available
- Cottey College XC/Track
- Transylvania University
- Lucky 13.1 Half Marathon and 5K
- Regional Indoor Track Meets
- Who is the best boys/girls teams?
- Master Coaching Clinic- Vigil, Gambetta and Freeman Jan,4-5 in KC
- SWMO Running Camp
- Lindenwood Belleville (Belleville Illinois)
- Mid South Middle School Cross Country Championships
- Arkansas Cross Country State Championships
- NACA Cross-Country Championships
- NCAA D1 South Central Regional
- Fallen Soldier Memorial 5K
- Cross Country Coaches National Youth Championships
- NAIA National Cross Country Championships
- NCAA DI Cross Country Championships
- Nike Cross Nationals South Regional
- NCAA DII Cross Country Championships